Rob McLintock California School of Piping and Drumming Workshop 2020
While the Rob McLintock California School of Piping and Drumming has been cancelled for this year, some of the instructors are organizing a three day workshop for June 26th, 27th and 28th 2020. The workshop will be conducted via Zoom. Instructions/tutorials for signing onto Zoom will be sent at least a week prior to the workshop and help will be available.
The workshop is intended to safely give students an alternative to an in person environment. The schedule will be less than our usual full days;
- Classes would be from 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM PDT (45 minutes per group of students, two groups of students per instructor), with a maximum of about 10 students per class.
- Ninety minutes of electives starting at 1:00 PM PDT. The day would end about 2:30 PM PDT. A schedule will be sent to all students.
- The first “elective” will be a panel discussion with the instructors on Friday, June 26th to answer student’s questions. Based on the response, the instructors will decide to have individual topics for electives for Saturday and Sunday, or a panel discussion on those topics.
- Students who are interested in a dedicated Piobaireachd course should contact Sue Jacobi as soon as possible. Six to eight students will be required in order to proceed with the class.
- A “massed band” will be held at the end of the day on chanters and pads.
- An optional “Pub Night” will be held on Saturday. Time and details to be available to the students.
Students will be placed into classes that match their abilities.
- To register, students need to contact Sue Jacobi; emails and cell numbers are needed to make sure that we can contact the student.
- Those students who have attended the school and are known to the instructors can be placed without auditioning. If the student would like to audition, they may do so.
- Those students who have never attended, or have not attended in years, will need to send in a recording or audition via Zoom or Skype. All recorded auditions need to be sent to Sue Jacobi. Zoom or Skype auditions will be scheduled per instructor’s available time.
- Once registered, the student should send in a recording as soon as possible, so the instructors can have the students placed into the appropriate classes before the workshop begins. The end date for auditions will be Wednesday, June 24th.
- Music will be available before the start of the workshop.
The cost for the workshop will be $125.00 per student.
- The workshop will require a minimum of piping and drumming students to cover the instructors’ costs. If a minimum is not obtained, we will not be able to continue the workshop.
- If the workshop is in demand, a maximum number of students will be necessary, so that the classes remain manageable. A waiting list will be generated.
- Once the minimum number of students has signed up, invoices for the workshop with instructions on payment will be sent.
Our instructors are: Aaron Shaw, Colin Armstrong, Robert Watt, Jamie Cuthill (piping instructors) and Ed Best, drumming instructor. Craig Farley will be providing the support for the Zoom.
Please contact Sue Jacobi, administrator at email@example.com with any questions, and to sign up for the workshop.